Friday, February 7, 2014

MEMORY LANE





Walkin' down memory lane brings me back to that plane of consiousness that I have almost forgotten.

Where a picture is worth a thousand words and a thousand words conjure up my dearest memories

       that I have been chasing pavement to catch up to.

Back to the days of the hair spray and the music video veejay up all day and night going to school

       lookin' a fright.

I wish I may I wish I might have a date with that cute boy tonight.

As the years pass and we get more class we raise our glass with no more pomp and circumstance as

       when the fight song would blare at the Homecoming games.

Then we smile and say, remember when my friend when, haha, oh yes I do and didn't you...

Oh no you didn't just say that reminding me of an impossible dream that should be inspiring my

        reality.

So today remember yesterday for the present is given to us freely and is up to us to cherish.

Throw that reciept away, for you can never give it back.

No comments:

Post a Comment