Thursday, February 6, 2014


THANKFUL


As I open my eyes, I feel the sun's warmth reach across my body with a loving caress as I lay thinking of the

        welcoming light of the new day.


That brilliant yellowy-gold  with  flecks of silver, what possibilites lies in those colors as I turn to look at my

        well worn room.

I smile to think of the thought and lightly reach over to pet my cat who deliciously purrs his approval.

All is right in the world today.

Thank God I am alive and well to wake to this heavenly sight.

I look out the window at the expanse of mountains and trees and I am in awe.

A lump catches in my throat and I find it hard to suppress the tears because it is so beautiful.

The birds are happy, the air is clean, and I am here.

Happy.

Thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment